UEFI issue for dual boot.

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 05:09:46 UTC 2014

On 02/01/2014 08:18 PM, Robin Laing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Successfully installed F19 (a few months ago) with UEFI and it boots
> into Fedora with no issues.  Trying to boot into Windows gives an
> error about finding the EFI files.
>
> On investigation, I find that there are two EFI boot enabled
> partitions.  One has the Windows files (/dev/sda1) and the other is
> the Linux boot partitions (/dev/sda4).
>
> How do I move or change the configuration so I can dual boot in
> Windows as the grub menu selection for the Windows boot manager
> doesn't point to /dev/sda1.
>
> I am willing to do a fresh install if needed.

I have a similar problem, I have windows 8.1 and Fedora 19 installed,
but I can't boot windows from the grub menu.  When I try I get:

/EndEntire
file path:
/ACPI(...)/PCI(2,1f)/UnknownMessaging(12)/HD(1,800,...)/File(\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\)/File(bootmgfw.efi)/EndEntire

error: cannot load image
error: you need to load kernel first

Press any key to continue ...

So I'm looking for a resolution to how to boot windows and Fedora 19
with UEFI enabled.

Thanks
Paolo