Playing commercial DVDs in Fedora 20

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Feb 2 22:59:16 UTC 2014

I have libdvdcss from Livna and gstreamer-plugins-bad (who's idea was
naming the gstreamer-plugins-* series, anyway?) from RPM Fusion Free
(which contains /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdvdspu.so).  But when I
play a commercial DVD, Totem reports that it can't find the Sub-Picture
Decoder plugin.  It offers to search, but finds nothing relevant.  The
DVD does play, but AIUI, without the plugin, I will have to manually
start each .VOB file.

Am I still missing something (I have most of the gstreamer plugins
installed by now), or is something misconfigured in Totem?  If there's a
bug, whose is it, Totem or the plugins?

TIA.
--
Matthew Saltzman