Text selection and mouse button sensitivity

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Feb 3 19:10:06 UTC 2014

On 02/03/14 23:01, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
>>> Or a cordless mouse...  The usual wireless ones are a pain, you have
>>> to keep on replacing or recharging batteries, and resyncing hardware
>>> (the transmitter and receiver pair).
> Ed Greshko:
>> Not sure what you mean by the "usual wireless ones".
> Usual, in the type of design.  A receiver plugged into the computer, a
> battery powered transmitter in the mouse.

OK, that is exactly what I have.  Tiny USB receiver plugged into the back of my system.
> With mine, and with other people I know, it became necessary to press
> the resync buttons, on receiver and transmitter, every now and then, to
> pair the two together.  Perhaps the receiver doesn't store the
> information, and only holds it while it receives power from the
> computer?  Some people leave there's on, others turn their computer's
> power off, or the BIOS turns the port's power off when shut down.

Never a problem here.  Keyboard/mouse retain connection no matter what.  I even take the keyboard out of reception range to vacuum out the cat hair while the system is up and bring it back and it reestablishes connection without problem.

Just lucky I guess....

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts