dual head issue

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Tue Feb 4 18:40:29 UTC 2014

My fedora 20 system on occasion gets the two monitors flipped around.
What used to be on the left will be on the right and vice-versa.  I
notice it happens when I unlock the screen or when switching my kvm to
this box.  It doesn't happen everytime, but often enough that it's
becoming a bit annoying.  To fix it I run nvidia-settings, drag the
monitors back to the correct positions, hit apply and save to config.
All is well until it decides for whatever reason to do it again.  Both
monitors are Dell 2408WFP's plugged into a Nvidia GeForce GT 330.

Is there any way to specify one monitor versus the other so nvidia will
know that monitor A is on the left, B is on the right and don't move
them ever again?

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator