BTRFS/Rollback & Yum Snapshot Plugin

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 11:24:04 UTC 2014

On 02/03/2014 03:16 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> It seems to me that there will be some error message in the log
> as the (stale) fstab tries to do a rw mount of a different subvol on
> top of the one specified by rootflags=. Or maybe it succeeds silently,
> I haven't recently tested this scenario.

Yes, I wondered about this. I even questioned the purpose of specifying
the root filesystem in fstab since it is already present as a kernel
parameter in GRUB.  Is this the flow of events?

- kernel mounts read-only the root filesystem specified as kernel
parameter in GRUB
- init/systemd reads fstab and remounts root-filesystem read-write
(along with specified mount options)

Thanks,
Jorge