Fedora 20 and VmWare

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 05:00:31 UTC 2014

On 05.02.2014 22:57, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> I just assumed it would be better than the free open source application.
> Maybe it is but I don't see much difference. I believe VMware deals with
> the mouse/cursor a bit more conveniently, less messing with the right
> CTRL key. :-\

> Ok, so more specifically, Fedora Linux users are not supported, I guess
> I need a Centos 6 computer which is what I was shooting for a few days
> ago. I need to partition the other computer with its' terabyte drive. I
> haven't done that yet, it runs F-19 and I want to be certain I have all
> the needed information extracted from it.

http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/pdf/VMware_HOS_Compatibility_Guide.pdf

Host OS Compatibility Guide
CentOS 6
64-Bit Host OS Support
Release Supported Releases
…
CentOS 6.2 Workstation9.0, 10.0
CentOS 6.3 Workstation9.0, 10.0  <-
CentOS 6.4 Workstation10.0
…

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.3/readme
This directory (and version of CentOS) is depreciated.  For normal users,
you should use /6/ and not /6.3/ in your path. Please see this FAQ
concerning the CentOS release scheme:

http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=34

If you know what you are doing, and absolutely want to remain at the 6.3
level, go to http://vault.centos.org/ for packages.

Please keep in mind that 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3 no longer gets any
updates, nor
any security fix's.
EOF

This is as close as can be Fedora,
ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/rhel/beta/7/x86_64/iso/
kernel-3.10.0-54.0.1.el7.x86_64.rpm

poma