F20 cursor invisible

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon Feb 10 18:31:33 UTC 2014

On 02/08/2014 09:20 AM, Beartooth issued this missive:
> On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 13:37:03 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
> 	[....]
>> Probably not clear. As root, run dconf-editor. The left pane will
>> probably contain a list of stuff like:
>>
>> 	> apps ca desktop org system
>>
>> There may be some others, too. Anyway, click on the arrow to the left of
>> "org". Below that, click the arrow to the left of "gnome". Below that,
>> click the arrow to the left of "settings-daemon". Below that, click the
>> arrow to the left of "plugins", then click on "cursor". In normal menu
>> parlance:
>>
>> 	org -> gnome -> settings-daemon -> plugins -> cursor
>>
>> Hope that helps you find it.
>
> 	Doing that, I did get to something (dunno what to call it) which
> refers to the mouse. It says Active with a check mark, and priority 0.
> There's another for the cursor, but it's just the same.

That's the way I have it on my machines as well. You may have to add
a "Option SWCursor true" in your xorg.conf's "Device" section describing
your video card, if you have one. I had to have one on one of my
machines at one time (I believe it was an ATI graphics card).
-   I haven't lost my mind.  It's backed up on tape somewhere, but   -
-                       probably not recoverable.                    -