"yumdownloader --source" doesn't need enabled source repos, does it?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue Feb 11 22:45:47 UTC 2014

On 02/12/14 06:27, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2014, Frank Murphy wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:23:37 -0500 (EST)
>> "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>   currently (against my better judgment) updating one of the fedora
>>> wiki pages:
>>>
>>>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel
>>>
>>> and i'm fairly sure that "yumdownloader --source" does *not* need the
>>> user to explicitly enable the source repos, yumdownloader will do that
>>> automatically, yes? where is that actually stated? "man yumdownloader"
>>> doesn't say that but it seems to work fine for me here, i just want to
>>> know where i can point to make that clear. thanks.
>>>
>>> rday
>>>
>> yumdownloader -h (--help)
>   that does not clarify what i was asking about -- it simply says that
> "--source" operates on source packages.

Well, it actually says....

  yumdownloader options:
    --destdir=DESTDIR   destination directory (defaults to current directory)
    --urls              just list the urls it would download instead of
                        downloading
    --resolve           resolve dependencies and download required packages
    --source            operate on source packages
    --archlist=ARCHLIST
                        only download packages of certain architecture(s)

So, those 5 options are the ones that apply to "yumdownloader".  Since there is no mention of --enablerepo being part of the options applicable to "yumdownloader" it implies that option is not available/needed.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts