Installing Linux on a windows hd

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 13 10:37:58 UTC 2014

On 02/13/2014 07:45 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 23:28:29 -0800
> Edward Mart <edwardm362 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/12/2014 4:55 PM, g wrote:
>>> it is a good suggestion, but installing linux and keeping xp for
>>> games, etc and never putting it back on internet is also a better
>>> choice over upgrading
>>
>>        until one those games or apps require an update
>
> That's the point, most XP stuff will not be updated, incl games.
>
>   or  windows
>> itself to continue working properly;-)
>
> It will continue to work, if you look after it.

and make a full backup for when it throws up it's famous blue screen.
((GBWG))

one thing i learned about oos years ago;

  a-  1- make initial install. 2- tweak. 3- make a full backup.
      then when it crashes, you do not have to repeat 1 & 2.

  b-  when packages or 3rd party are install, make an incremental backup.

  c-  when an sp is released, and installed, make incremental backup.

i learned "my abc's" from running unix, before there ever was oos. :-)

this is last of taking up my time making comments about a
_software_company_ that needs to go 'eol'.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.

.