Installing Linux on a windows hd

Edward M edwardm1 at live.com
Fri Feb 14 00:06:27 UTC 2014

On 2/13/2014 2:28 AM, g wrote:

> On 02/13/2014 07:28 AM, Edward Mart wrote:
>> On 2/12/2014 4:55 PM, g wrote:
>>> it is a good suggestion, but installing linux and keeping xp for
>>> games, etc and never putting it back on internet is also a better
>>> choice over upgrading
>>
>> until one those games or apps require an update or  windows itself
>> to continue working properly;-)
>

> if xp is going eol, why would 'what ever' of xp games not go eol?
> so a game hits eol, is it going to break or quit just because the
> os is never update again? i think not.
     For a STEAM user, as myself, who decides to continue running
windows xp, after it goes eol, without internet access
     to continue playing games purchased from STEAM may have this problem
      because the game wont get validated,etc  from STEAM, without
internet access.

       Again, just pure speculation on my behalf
> how would "windows itself", presuming you mean xp, not continue to
> work?
    I was thinking if the user decides to install a new hardware that
requires a newer driver

      it was a pleasure of conversion with you and others on this
thread, however, i don't want to rude but  I think it is starting to
get off topic for
      a fedora list, so
      this will be my last reply for this thread:-)

       Best Regards