Working update sitting in testing

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 11:53:30 UTC 2014

Hi Bruno,

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 05:29:53AM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 12:24:07 +0100,
>   Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >I had submitted an RFE to include info docs for python in Fedora end of
> >last summer.  Eventually I ended up working on it with some help, and
> >there was a working update submitted in December.  This has been sitting
> >in updates-testing since then.  What needs to be done to get this to
> >stable?  Does it need more karma?  In that case could people on this
> >list please test and submit feedback.
>
> The person that submitted the build to bohdi should be able to request a
> push to stable after this much time. Then it will move to stable shortly
> (around a day).

Thanks for the clarification.  I posted a comment on the corresponding
bug report half a week back, but I doubt anyone is paying attention.
The report was closed as WONTFIX automatically when F18 EOLed.

> Extra karma could also reach the auto push threshold, which would accomplish
> the same thing.

If users on this list could test and add a few karmas, it would be
really helpful.  This update adds a new subpackage with the python info
documentation.  To test, all one needs to do is install python-docs-info
from updates-testing, and see if the following lets you access the docs:
from a shell `info python', and from Emacs `C-h i m python RET'.

Thanks,

--
Suvayu