dnf?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Feb 16 21:38:19 UTC 2014

	I found http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DNF#hawkey_package,
but couldn't make much of it, since it is written for a much more
technically sophisticated audience that I'll ever be.

	I gather that dnf is a fork of yum, meant to be or to become a
replacement for it. But I don't follow the rationale.

	Should end-users be trying it now? (It does seem, in my limited
purview, to work well.)

	Can some Alpha Plus Technoid explain it to the rest of us?

	I have one F20 box that seems to be having endless trouble with
NetworkManager, openswan, and libreswan (whatever the latter two may be);
what hope is there that dnf will straighten them out sooner and better
than yum has been doing?

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.