Focus-follows-mouse in KDE under FC19?

William W. Austin airedad at att.net
Mon Feb 17 17:24:52 UTC 2014

Apologies if this has been answered already but I didn't see this in
the archives and a web search didn't find anything more recent than
FC14 (and that trick didn't work under FC19)

Last week I upgraded my wife's linux box from FC17 to FC19.  She uses
the KDE desktop.

Saturday she announced that she cannot live without focus-follows-
mouse.

Previously I would simply use /bin/systemsettings > Window Behavior >
Focus, and then select "focus follows mouse" - but that option has been
removed for some reason.  So I spent much of the weekend trying to find
a way to restore the capability.

A friend suggested that I use gnome-tweak-tool to set Windows>Window
focus mode to "mouse."  That didn't help so I tried "sloppy".  Ditto -
no effect.

Is there anyway to turn this back on in FC 19 (or 20) for KDE?
Otherwise I'm going to have downgrade her machine back to FC 17 just to
keep peace at home.

william w. austin                                     airedad at att.net
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."