Using LightScribe on Linux???

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Feb 18 13:24:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 09:16:22AM -0500, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 10:12:36PM -0500, Doug wrote:
> > On 02/16/2014 09:35 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> > >I've got a project in which I'll be making many dozens of DVDs from
> > >other media, and I thought it'd be really cool to use LightScribe to
> > >label the discs.
> > >
> > >well, I come to discover that LightScribe seems to have gone out of
> > >fashion, and I can't find suitable software anywhere.
> > >
> > >LaCie used to distribute software for Linux that reportedly worked
> > >well, but I can't find it either,... it has disappeared from their
> > >web site.
> > >
> > >Can anyone point me to a site that may still have it? (or other
> > >suitable substitute).

Thanks to all who replied to my query! I've found the various tools
mentioned by several responders, and hope to be able to verify that
they work in the next day or two. If they appear to be usable (on
Fedora 20) I'll be buying a clump of lightscribe media for this task.

thanks again to all of you!

Fred

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.