How do I -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 18 19:30:31 UTC 2014

On 02/18/2014 06:15 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/18/2014 10:01 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

>> Yet another example of why I should not be installing with LVM,
>> nothing I do gains anything from LVM, it is just another layer of
>> unwanted complexity for this Fedora user.
>
> I'm sure that there are many good uses for it in a production
> environment, but as a home user I've always considered it nothing
> more than an answer in search of a problem.

i would say that you are close.

i call lvm a problem looking for systems to screw up.

i lost 3 ext4 drives when i attempted to install f18 to the
system and even tho i selected for it not to, it installed lvm.

whoever came up with lvm should be castrated, dip in boiling
hot oil, then put on a 10' rotisserie spit run from mouth to
rectum and turned slowly until there is nothing left but a
crispy ash.

i do not need software dividing up partitions for me because
it thinks it knows best.

i have done very well setting up systems from first days of
red hat and i have never had a problem of running out of
hard drive space.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.