Using LightScribe on Linux???

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Feb 20 03:47:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 09:54:08PM -0500, Doug wrote:
<snip>
> I don't think you need any docs, if the files are installed. You
> should have a program
> called SimpleLabeler. On my machine it installed on opt. Here's the
> whole path:
>
> /opt/lightscribeApplications/SimpleLabeler/SimpleLabeler   *
>
> The last entry there is the actual command. I have made an icon on
> my desktop for it.
> When I snap on the icon, it will come up with a red background and a
> gold disk on it,
> and on top it will say "LightScribe Simple Labeler" and on the

All mine says is "segfault". :(

I'm on Fedora 20. ldd reports no missing shared libs.

running it under gdb and doing "bt" after it coredumps results in
a backtract literally thousands of entries deep, all the same function
in, um, I don't have it in front of me, I think it was stdlibc++.
Clearly something is busted.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Anyone running it successfully on Fedora 20 ???

Thanks!

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.