CentOS and Fedora as alternative OS's

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Feb 20 11:49:30 UTC 2014

I tried to install Fedora-20 as a second OS on my CentOS-6.5 server,
purely as an experiment, but it was disastrously unsuccessful.
I used the same /boot partition for both,
assuming that Fedora would use /boot/grub2/ while CentOS used /boot/grub/,
so the two would not interfere with each other.
I shared the same /home partition between the two OS's.

I installed the Fedora / on a spare partition
from a Fedora KDE Live CD on a USB stick.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net