Good Fedora-compatible multi-monitor video card recommendation

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 15:56:50 UTC 2014

>> Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> writes:
>>> What would be a good (as in, relatively painless) video card for
>>> driving as many 1080p monitors as possible? I'm not concerned about 3D
>>> performance at all... It will be to display terminals/rarely-changing
>>> web pages only.

ATI FirePro 2460 512MB DDR3 4x Mini-DisplayPort Low Profile PCI-Express
Video Card ~$240 from Amazon.

Back when I looked this was the only game in town that allowed 4 DP or 4
(single-link) DVI.  The price is pretty much a rip-off, but what can you
do when there aren't any cheaper choices?

One caveat if you ever want to put higher res monitors on this, the
virtual framebuffer on that card is only 8k x 8k.  You can only put 3
2560x1440 monitors on it horizontally (or 2 "4k" monitors).

-wolfgang