Security Chip

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Feb 21 18:54:08 UTC 2014

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014, CS DBA wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> I just ordered a Lenovo Thinkpad W540,
>
> the specs list this:
> Security Chip 2              Security Chip Enabled
>
> I plan to run Fedora 20 on it. Is this something I should be
> concerned about? Can it be disabled in the bios?

  i don't know about that chip, but a few weeks ago, i was down south
chatting with some military IT contractors, and they told me that in
most sites they work in, *no* *one* is even allowed into the building
with a lenovo laptop -- they are considered that insecure/compromised.

  no idea if this relates to your security chip question, but i
thought i'd share that.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca