How to enable fingerprint reader on Fedora 20

Ambrogio De Lorenzo ogio.spam at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 21:42:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I have a Lenovo E430 with a fingerprint reader.
The lsusb report the unit as
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 147e:1002 Upek Biometric Touchchip/Touchstrip Fingerprint Sensor

If I start the fprintd daemon, in the log I read:
Feb 23 22:40:15 pc-delo systemd: Starting Fingerprint Authentication Daemon...
Feb 23 22:40:15 pc-delo systemd: Started Fingerprint Authentication Daemon.
Feb 23 22:40:15 pc-delo fprintd: Launching FprintObject
Feb 23 22:40:15 pc-delo fprintd: ** Message: D-Bus service launched with name: net.reactivated.Fprint
Feb 23 22:40:15 pc-delo fprintd: ** Message: entering main loop

And, starting fprint_demo it doesn't recognize the input device.
I can see that there is a fingerprint project that support the Upek, but
I can't understand if fprintd support it and how to made it working.

Someone have the same device working, and how?

Bye
 Ambrogio