dnf and/or yum?

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 19:52:52 UTC 2014

On 02/25/2014 01:31 PM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> Can dnf and yum be used interchangeably? And is there a gui interface to dnf like yumex?

They can be used together (and often you will get some things with yum that you don't with dnf and vice versa) and I don't believe
there's a gui for dnf yet.  FWIW, dnf does a really good job of handling repos that are turned on but don't necessarily match
whatever version your downloading for (it just disables them for the length of that update session and moves on...very handy).

Kevin