vncviewer

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Feb 27 00:52:31 UTC 2014

On 02/27/14 08:45, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> [...]

[root at meimei ~]# nmap -v -n -P0 -p5900-5906 193.49.194.196

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-02-27 08:39 CST
Initiating SYN Stealth Scan at 08:39
Scanning 193.49.194.196 [7 ports]
Completed SYN Stealth Scan at 08:39, 3.02s elapsed (7 total ports)
Nmap scan report for 193.49.194.196
Host is up.
PORT     STATE    SERVICE
5900/tcp filtered vnc
5901/tcp filtered vnc-1
5902/tcp filtered vnc-2
5903/tcp filtered vnc-3
5904/tcp filtered unknown
5905/tcp filtered unknown
5906/tcp filtered unknown

Which is what I would expect and which is what I think you're seeing from your remote client....

I think you should discuss the situation with the Network Administrator.  Port 5901 would be sufficient, but they may not grant your request.

Yes, this is the same issue for freenx.
--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts