vncviewer

Tom Rivers tom at impact-crater.com
Thu Feb 27 15:05:20 UTC 2014

On 2/26/2014 17:13, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> How i do it? vncserver is not helpfull, Is it a file that I need to edit?

It depends on how you configure your firewall settings.  I manage mine
using a script that builds the iptables entries I need.  There are also
other products that can perform the same function using a graphical
interface.

You say SSH is working properly which is a good thing.  Here's something
you can try.  From a root command prompt execute the following command:

iptables -L

What that will do is list all of your firewall settings.  Since SSH
works, you should be able to find all of the lines that reference it in
this output.  Make note of each of the chains it is listed under.  For
each chain listing SSH, you should also see an entry for the two
vncserver ports.  I suspect you are missing one or more entries and
that's why it isn't working.

--
Tom Rivers
241 Rawlinson Road