F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 00:05:26 UTC 2014

HI

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Lars E. Pettersson  wrote:

>  my proposal could be regarded as a RFE to improve the handling of mail
> created by different programs and daemons.

No.  Not unless it is actually filed in bugzilla with the details.  Filing
a RFE requires no prior knowledge other than how to file it which you
already have.

> How could adding a user to /etc/aliases create any problems? It just
tells the system >  which user should get the mail now sent to root.

 When no users are created by the installer, there is nothing to add to
/etc/aliases and as I noted before, user creation is an optional step
within the installer.  I don't see anything in your proposal that addresses
this.

>> Do you regard the sluggish journal I have as a bug? I will gladly file a
bug if you think so.

You don't need my approval and what I think is irrelevant since I am not
involved in journald development but for the record, all performance issues
are bugs from my perspective and I would assume journald developers would
agree with that

Rahul