F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Thu Jan 2 00:12:00 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 01:05 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>       my proposal could be regarded as a RFE to improve the handling of
>     mail created by different programs and daemons.
>
> No.  Not unless it is actually filed in bugzilla with the details.
> Filing a RFE requires no prior knowledge other than how to file it which
> you already have.

So what do we have these mailing list for if we are not supposed to
discuss ways to better Fedora? Rahul, I simply do not understand you on
this issue.

>  > How could adding a user to /etc/aliases create any problems? It just
> tells the system >  which user should get the mail now sent to root.
>
>   When no users are created by the installer, there is nothing to add to
> /etc/aliases and as I noted before, user creation is an optional step
> within the installer.  I don't see anything in your proposal that
> addresses this.

As I mentioned before, /etc/aliases will in that case be intact and mail
will be sent to root, just as it has been done for years.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/