F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 02:08:36 UTC 2014

HI

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 9:03 PM, Lars E. Pettersson  wrote:

> We have notifications to notify the user. The mail sent to root is (in
> most cases) to notify the user. The UI differ, but it is used, in this
> context, for more or less the same thing, notifying the user.

Sure but context in which they are used are very different.  If you really
want to know the difference in detail,  I recommend you get a good UI
book.  My suggestion would be "Don't make me think!"  by Steve Krug.

> Bad example. Non technical users don't install yum-cron.
>>

> Why not? The might...

In that case, I wouldn't consider them non technical users.  Like I said,
your notion of what non technical users seems pretty skewed.   Non
technical users don't care about automated updates on the command line and
certainly don't try to resolve failures in third party repos.

Rahul