F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Thu Jan 2 02:14:57 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 03:08 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Sure but context in which they are used are very different.  If you
> really want to know the difference in detail,  I recommend you get a
> good UI book.  My suggestion would be "Don't make me think!"  by Steve
> Krug.

Rahul, I am not talking about the UI, I am talking about the information
you get from the two systems, and what that content tells the user. The
UI is totally irrelevant in this case.

> In that case, I wouldn't consider them non technical users.  Like I
> said, your notion of what non technical users seems pretty skewed.   Non
> technical users don't care about automated updates on the command line
> and certainly don't try to resolve failures in third party repos.

Even non-technical user do strange things, so I would say that your
notion of what non technical users do is pretty skewed.

If they do not care about problems with updates etc, then why do we have
notifications? They serve, in this context, the same purpose, informing
the user about problems with the system.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/