F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 02:20:14 UTC 2014

HI

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:

> Rahul, I am not talking about the UI, I am talking about the information
> you get from the two systems, and what that content tells the user. The UI
> is totally irrelevant in this case.

 UI always matters especially when we are talking about non technical
users.  A typical non technical user would click on updates when the DE
notifies them and nothing more complicated than that.

> Even non-technical user do strange things, so I would say that your
notion of what non >  technical users do is pretty skewed.

It is based on real life experiences dealing with them on a regular basis
and development of distribution cannot be based on supporting strange
choices from users.  You cannot expect non technical users to do anything
about third party repository failures.  Color me unconvinced by your
example.

Rahul