F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 02:25:30 UTC 2014

HI

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> OK, but there are still two things this doesn't cover.  First, I used
> fedup to go from F17 to F19, meaning that firstboot wasn't needed.

Everything that is installed is updated by Fedup.  Fedup doesn't
automatically remove any packages.    yum distro-sync and yum list extras
can cover that.

Second, if F19 doesn't use firstboot, why is my installed copy listed as
> being fc19?  Why did they put out a new version if it isn't even being used?

The default UI is provided by initial setup/ GNOME initial setup depending
on which desktop environment you use.  firstboot had some legacy code that
hasn't transitioned over completely to the new model when I checked last
but you should be able to safely remove it from your system.

Rahul