F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 02:41:55 UTC 2014

HI

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:

> Again. A notification notifies the user, a mail notifies the user. I.e.
> two different ways of notifying the user. The UI is totally irrelevant in
> this case.

We have different perspectives on what consitutes non technical users,
whether UI matters or not and your proposed solution seems like a pretty
complicated thing to do within an installer and your example is entirely
unconvincing to me. Repeating yourself isn't going to convince me.  Sorry.
I will stop at this point since we are unlikely to agree and it doesn't
matter anyway since the change is already done.

Rahul