F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 18:40:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:30:53 -0700
Chris Murphy wrote:

> There is no deficiency in omitting the installation of something that does nothing by default. To gain functionality from sendmail required the user configure it.

Nonsense, both sendmail and postfix make most mail delivery
work as expected with no configuration required. At work, for
instance, when we install a new system and don't touch anything
in sendmail, you can still run mailx on that system to send mail
to anyone else on the local LAN and it "just works".