Different actions on different passwords?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Jan 2 20:45:08 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 12:30 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>    1) friend of mine many years ago used to do that -- while working
>       full-time for a company, he created a separate filesystem on the
>       company server for his own stuff that he would mount manually.
>
>    2) any forensic analyst that would be fooled by something like that
>       would be a total incompetent.

No, you've got it backwards.  Your friend put things on a separate file
system that wasn't normally mounted.  (Why isn't that partition mounted?
  Let's mount it and take a look.)  I'm suggesting the exact opposite:
unmount the partition with normal data on it to hide your data.  Still,
your second comment may well be true; that's why I'm asking.