NetworkManager

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Thu Jan 2 20:46:24 UTC 2014

poma wrote:

>> In my view NM is ludicrously over-complicated,
>> and steadily getting more complicated
>> as more and more "features" are added.
>
> Au contraire.
> 'kde-plasma-nm' is the spitting image of both 'network-manager-applet' &
> 'nm-connection-editor', quite straightforward and simple tools to use.
> With proper MBB support.

How exactly does that contradict the above statement,
the only bit of my posting you retained?

What I actually said was:
---------------------------
What has happened to Network Management Settings
in recent versions of NM?
Right clicking on the NM icon (in Fedora-20/KDE)
brings up an unintelligible (to me) window
with 4 arrows whose function I do not understand.
---------------------------

Assuming the above is the straightforward and simple tool you refer to,
what exactly is the function of the 4 arrows, pointing N,S,E,W?

Also NM is bringing up small "activation/deactivation" windows
that seem to persist indefinitely unless manually closed.

That was my other complaint.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net