akmod isn't reliable

Powell, Michael Michael_Powell at mentor.com
Thu Jan 2 21:48:32 UTC 2014

I guess this is more of a general question, but sometimes after updating the kernel or nvidia drivers an akmod isn't regenerated and my system will begin to boot, fedora logo will show, but eventually it will dump to the systemd log of services being started and just sit there. I have all the required dependencies before the update because I can simply reboot to runlevel 1 or if I have an older kernel boot it and then manually `akmods --kernels`.

So the question is... why isn't regeneration of the akmod reliable?