Fedora on a Dell XPS 15?

CS DBA cs_dba at consistentstate.com
Thu Jan 2 23:53:52 UTC 2014

Hi All;

I'm looking for a replacement for my 15" macbook pro retina, I tried to
switch to mac but Linux is just too good.

Thinking of buying a Dell XPS 15 (specs below), anyone have any thoughts
on if Fedora will run on this machine?

Thanks in advance

Specs:

Note that this laptop has ONLY a Mini DisplayPort for an external monitor

*
Processor*

4th Generation Intel® Core^(TM) i7-4702HQ processor (6M Cache, up to 3.2
GHz)

*Memory*

16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)

*Hard Drive**s*

1TB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive + 32GB mSATA Solid State Drive

*
Video Card*

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

*Display*

15.6 inch LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and QHD+ resolution
(3200 x 1800)

*Wireless*

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0

*External Chassis Connections*

USB 3.0 w/PowerShare (3), USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort
(1), HDMI (1), 3-in-1 media card reader supporting SD, SDIO, SDXC,
headset jack (1), Noble lock

*Keyboard*

Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard

*Touchpad*