Manipulating journalctl output

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 01:12:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 04:52:01PM +0000, Tom H wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Sorry. Just thought that I'd try it and it turms out that it takes the
> >> facility as a number not as a name, so "SYSLOG_FACILITY=10".
> >
> > Thank you! This will be very helpful. Where is this documented? I
> > could not find this information in journalctl(1) or
> > systemd.jounal-fields(7); did I miss some other docs?
>
> That SYSLOG_FACILITY has to be a number is from systemd.jounal-fields(7).

No, I mean which number corresponds to what facility.  I don't even know
where to find a comprehensive list of all the facilities.

Okay I think while writing the email I found the list of facilities in
logger(1); but I still do not know where I can find the mapping between
these facilities with the numbers accepted by SYSLOG_FACILITY.

--
Suvayu