F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 3 12:44:51 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 02 January 2014, Chris Murphy sent:
> When the devel@ mega thread appeared in July, was the first time
> inyears I went to look for these messages. And I found a pile of
> utterly useless crap being generated; and without notification, or a
> good reason for them to be generated in the first place. I'm glad it's
> gone by default.

I can't say that what I see in my logwatch mail is useless...

Notifications that a mailbox is over quota.
Notifications that a hard drive / partition is too full.
Just to name two of them.

Other things that are useful daily information for an admin, where I get
to pick which username is the admin.  But, not really good information
to pop up on the desktop as a warning to whoever's logged in at the
moment.  Most users wouldn't know what to do about them, or shouldn't be
allowed to attempt to do something about them.  Perhaps with the
exception that they should clear out their own mailbox, instead of leave
everything in the inbox.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.