en.mo.gz not found/invalid magic number - UPDATE

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Fri Jan 3 23:41:09 UTC 2014

On 1/3/2014 17:12, Don Levey wrote:
> In my research I've not yet seen anything for Fedora about this, and
> certainly not the combination of two errors.  I'll try to be as complete
> as possible...

I have managed to create a LiveUSB stick for F20.  I can see the /boot
partition, and can see directory listings, but cannot (as of yet)
actually access any of the info in the files.  It is looking like I'll
need to redo the /boot partition; any suggestions on how I can
accomplish this?

Oh, and one other thing I forgot:
I did mention in the previous message that this is a dual-boot system
with WinXP.  As of now, the WinXP option no longer appears in the kernel
selection menu; it used to, under "other".
 -Don