f20 yumex :: user interaction window not displaying text

Lester M. Petrie Jr. petrielmjr at ornl.gov
Mon Jan 6 14:12:49 UTC 2014

On Friday, January 03, 2014 05:21:49 PM Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
> Hi! I have a strange problem with yumex in fedora 20 :
> the user interaction window (like when i am asked for confirmation for
> installation of packages) does not display any text .. i can blind click
> the yes button and works but it is annoying ...
> Has anyone noticed this?
>
> f20 up to date
> the yumex is : yumex-3.0.13-1.fc20.noarch
> with nvidia :
> xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-331.20-6.fc20.x86_6
> kmod-nvidia-3.12.5-302.fc20.x86_64-331.20-10.fc20.1.x86_64
>
> Thanks!
> Adrian

Since nobody else has answered, I see this occasionally on my machine at home.  Its not an
nvidia problem, as my system is using the radeon driver.  I find that restarting yumex clears the
problem for me.  This weekend I noticed dnf running when yumex was active. I have removed
dnf, but haven't tested whether that has an effect on the problem.  For me, it seems to occur
after I have finished one install, and decide to install something else without exiting yumex.

--
Lester M Petrie
RNSD/ORNL
petrielmjr at ornl.gov