F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Bob Marcan bob.marcan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 19:36:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:37:26 -0700
Pete Travis <lists at petetravis.com> wrote:

> Libnotify works will all the DEs I've used, and there should be - if the DE
> is behaving properly - a way to make notifications persistent until
> acknowledged.
>
> That said, I don't think that the few people passionately advocating a
> default MTA here have introduced anything that wasn't said in the Change
> proposal discussion.  Isn't there a better use for all this energy?
>
> --Pete

What means behaving properly? Obeying your rules?
And i don't use DE, i'm using fvwm Window Manager.
The answer will probably be: use modern DE.
DE with the ridiculous big icons, designed for touch screen.
But i don't have one. I'm using workstation with keyboard and mouse.
Keyboard as primary!

Am i too outdated? Probably yes. When i started, the memory was
measured in KB, external storage in MB and power in KW.

As long i can install MTA and the applications will send notifications
via email, it is o.k. for me.
Otherwise i can use Windoze crap.
It seems this is the way where all this heads to.
Bob