F20 Boot Delay

David L. Crow crow at orangeblood.org
Mon Jan 6 21:55:42 UTC 2014

On 1/6/2014 3:48 PM, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> Just a shot out in the blue, have you tried 'sudo yum distro-sync' to
> make sure that all packages have been updated, and that no packages are
> out of sync?

Was just going through that now.  I did find 15 i686 packages installed
including seeming related ones such as polkit, systemd-libs, pam,
libselinux, dbus-libs.

There were three fc19 packages that were newer than their fc20
counterparts, but nothing that seemed interesting
(setroubleshoot-plugins, python-urlgrabber, xorg-x11-drv-modesetting).

I'm trying to reboot to get a fresh start, but I'm remote right now and
having a hard time:

# reboot
Failed to open /dev/initctl: No such device or address
Failed to talk to init daemon.
# systemctl start reboot.target
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to socket
/run/systemd/private: Connection refused

"reboot -f" seemed to do it, but it'll be 4-5 minutes before I know
whether it is going to come back up.
--
  David L. Crow                     Texas!  It's like a
  crow at OrangeBlood.org              whole other country.