Fwd: Gnome 3 favorites list cut off at bottom of screen

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jan 7 02:48:02 UTC 2014

On 01/07/14 10:18, Jake Dancer wrote:

> Hello,
>    I'm running with a fully updated Fedora 20 system.  When I click on the "activities" icon in the upper left corner, I get the favorites list, except the bottom part is now cut off.  I believe Gnome should be switching to a small set of icons for the list.  Up until a few days ago I would see the complete list using smaller icons, but no longer.  I have quite a few packages installed on this system, so it's possible that one of them is messing up Gnome's icon switching software.  Does anyone have any idea where Gnome hides the favorites list?  I think it should be in my home directory, but multiple searches have not located it.   I have this problem on multiple machines, but they all have the same packages installed.  What I would like to do is temporarily remove each favorite item, one at a timeto see which icron is causing the trouble/  Any better ideas to try?

Not being a GNOME user I don't have any particular better idea.  However, your suggestion has one "problem".  The information about favorites it kept in ~/.config/dconf/user and is not plain text.

[egreshko at meimei dconf]$ pwd
/home/egreshko/.config/dconf
[egreshko at meimei dconf]$ file user
user: GVariant Database file, version 0

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts