Fwd: Gnome 3 favorites list cut off at bottom of screen

Jake Dancer jakedancer007 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 12:03:51 UTC 2014

Update.   Now that I know where Gnome keeps my favorites information, I
made a copy of this database file, then started removing entries from my
favorites.  The icons resize feature is still working.  I got down to a
single icon, which I could not remove.  (There was no option to remove the
last icon available.)  I then removed the "user" file completely and
rebooted.  The "user" file returned with the single icon I had left.  There
must be another copy of the information from this file somewhere else.  Any
ideas where?  I then began adding icons into my favorites selection.  Each
icron was added to the bottom of the chain, as they should.  As the
favorites icron chain got to the bottom of the screen, the chain scrolled
off the bottom.  I could still add icons but I could not see the bottom 3,
or so, icons that I added last.  As I added even more icons, the chain
resized to use smaller icons, but I still could not see the bottom 3.  It
us almost as if somewhere something believes the screen is actually deeper
that it really is by an inch or two.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Any ideas
how to get the gnome-shell to rebuild the "user" file?  Any ideas at all?

Jake