F20: Cisco vpn does not launch after a couple of wake-ups from hibernate

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Jan 7 19:43:41 UTC 2014

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 18:29:12 +0100 poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 06.01.2014 02:00, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been having a somewhat unusual problem after waking up from
> > hibernate with the Cisco VPN client. This only happens with F20 -- it
> > was fine till F19.
> >
> > Here is what happens: I switch on the Cisco vpnui using:
> >
> > /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnui
>
> NetworkManager-openconnect
> NetworkManager-vpnc
>
> NetworkManager discussions
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/networkmanager-list

Thank you for this. However, I am not completely sure what this means
in my context. As I mentioned earlier, my vpnui comes up fine for the
first time after reboot (and a second time after a wake-up from
hibernate). I have seemingly localized the problem to the vpnd not
getting activated always after a wakeup from hibernate. Is the above
going to take care of this problem.  I may mention that other than the
VPN, the network comes back up just fine.

Many thanks and best,
Ranjan