fastestmirror exclude doesn't seem to be working?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Wed Jan 8 04:00:17 UTC 2014

I've used the exclude option to exclude .au, .nz. and .cz, and in the past it
has worked find. Now in setting up new systems with Fedora 20, it doesn't
seem to work. I'm located on Guam, and it appears that the process sees
identifies AU and NZ as being closer, but the internet connect to there is very
slow. Was just doing a yum install, and getting 68K, but campus 100Mb
connection. Had the same issue with downloading the DVD iso images. At
first the web link connected me to AU site, and it was going to take 14 hours
estimate to download. Cancelled and went directly to mirror.kernel.org and
got the image in about 30 minutes.

Anyone know of a way to get yum to use US sites rather than geographically
close sites? Same with the web browsers connecting to sites.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA      9820488.011684   |   SETI        17201975.116981
ABC         16611686.340441   |   EINSTEIN    14962286.139852