f20 yumex :: user interaction window not displaying text

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Wed Jan 8 04:49:48 UTC 2014

On 1/6/2014 9:12 AM, Lester M. Petrie Jr. wrote:
> On Friday, January 03, 2014 05:21:49 PM Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
>
>  > Hi! I have a strange problem with yumex in fedora 20 :
>
>  > the user interaction window (like when i am asked for confirmation for
>
>  > installation of packages) does not display any text .. i can blind click
>
>  > the yes button and works but it is annoying ...
>
>  > Has anyone noticed this?
>
>  >

>  > f20 up to date
>
>  > the yumex is : yumex-3.0.13-1.fc20.noarch
>
>  > with nvidia :
>
>  > xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-331.20-6.fc20.x86_6
>
>  > kmod-nvidia-3.12.5-302.fc20.x86_64-331.20-10.fc20.1.x86_64
>
>  >

>  > Thanks!
>
>  > Adrian
>
> Since nobody else has answered, I see this occasionally on my machine at
> home. Its not an nvidia problem, as my system is using the radeon
> driver.

Maybe its a Radeon problem. I have an ATI Radeon 4850 card and I am
encountering the same problem also.

> I find that restarting yumex clears the problem for me.

It only happens for me after I have already made a change in Yumex and
am trying to make further changes. So restarting cleears the problem
since Yumex is back to making the first change in which the problem does
not occur.

> This
> weekend I noticed dnf running when yumex was active. I have removed dnf,
> but haven't tested whether that has an effect on the problem. For me, it
> seems to occur after I have finished one install, and decide to install
> something else without exiting yumex.

Exactly. The problem is a real PITA with Yumex. Yumex also has other
bugs in FC19-FC20 ( enabling/disabling repositories are not persisted )
but this problem is worse.