yumex auto checks for updates even though not checked

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 8 11:15:25 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 01:49 AM, David wrote:
> On 1/7/2014 4:52 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> This is a long-time question for me....
>>
>> When I start yumex, it looks for what updates are waiting to be
>> installed.  If there are none, that screen is empty.  I want yumex for
>> new things.  I want it just to go to 'Available' packages.
>>
>> The preferences are the defaults. The 'Autocheck for Updates' is NOT
>> selected.
>>
>> What gives here?
>>

> Perhaps you should write your own yumex package that does exactly what
> you, personally, want? Another option could be to offer to support the
> developers (means send money) to request that they write you a special.
> personal package.

Huh?

There is an option in yumex preferences that is to 'Autocheck for
Updates'.  This options default is unchecked. Yet for me, it seems that
yumex always autochecks for updates.  This seems likea bug.  I ask here
what others see before submitting a bug report.

This has nothing to do with wanting something the program is not
documented at providing.  At least my reading of the perference options.