Invisible cursor?

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Wed Jan 8 11:21:24 UTC 2014

On 08/01/14 00:34, Tom Horsley wrote:

> So, I just tried logging into fedora 20 after restoring my
> old /home, and I discover that my X pointer is invisible :-).

Some drivers offer a hardware or software generated cursor. Depending on
which driver you're using, it might be worth setting the appropriate
option in xorg.conf. Unless it's a 3rd party driver, there's usually a
man page for it. For example, for the nouveau driver

        Option "HWCursor" "boolean"
               Enable or disable the HW cursor.  Default: on.

Otherwise could it be that you've had custom cursors installed in the
past any maybe they aren't installed/available anymore?

--
Ian Chapman.