gnome-classic-session

Ron Yorston rmy at tigress.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 08:56:32 UTC 2014

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>I am looking through what extensions are available for gnome via yumex,
>and I find gnome-classic-session.

I haven't tried gnome-classic-session in F20 yet though I have looked
at it in F19.  The one feature I missed is the ability to put application
launchers in the top panel.  Happily my Frippery Panel Favorites
extension[1] works in classic mode as well as full-on GNOME 3 mode.

You might also want to look at the other Frippery exensions[2].  I've
been maintaining them since GNOME 3.0 to provide something like what
classic mode now does.

Ron

[1] https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/4/panel-favorites/
[2] http://intgat.tigress.co.uk/rmy/extensions/index.html