F20: Cisco vpn does not launch after a couple of wake-ups from hibernate

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Jan 9 14:21:06 UTC 2014

> If you insist on using proprietary solution rather than free and open
> one, go ahead, knock yourself out.
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/Services#Cisco_AnyConnect_VPN
> http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-3.html
> Good luck with that, Ran. ;)

Thanks for your e-mail, poma. Btw, you got my name wrong, but anyway.

Well, I agree with you on staying off proprietary solutions, but as with
flash, I don't really have an option here. The Cisco vpn is needed to
be a node on my employer's network sot that I can access stuff that
they have a license for. It is the only thing that they will accept.
Openvpn never worked for accessing there: I have tried earlier and for
insane amounts of time (a few Fedora's ago, to no avail.)

I will look into this, but it seems that the agent is not started or
killed after a couple of wakeups from hibernate. This did not use to be
an issue earlier (F19 and before).

Best wishes,
Ranjan